Green Minds is a therapeutic gardening project. We are based in Landbeach, a few miles north of Cambridge.
It’s a new, small charity in a natural wildlife are. We take referrals from GPs or other health care professionals.
The project provides people with an opportunity to get involved in outdoor activities that will help their recovery from a range of health problems, increase self-confidence and create new social networks.
People coming along to the project can:
- Grow fruit, vegetables and flowers
- Cultivate individual growing beds
- Undertake basic landscaping
- Create paths, raised beds, hedging
- Design a herb garden and wildlife area
- Help develop a new pond area
- Just enjoy spending time in a peaceful setting
- Bird watching
As this is a new project there is lots of room for creativity and we welcome suggestions and ideas of how people would like to use the area.